Thank you so much Balie @Nerd in New York for nominating me. You are such an amazing person and your blog is amazing! Everyone should definitely check her blog out!
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know you have nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. What’s the first book you ever remember reading?
I don’t exactly remember the first book that I’ve ever read, but some of my childhood books I still have with me and some of them are the Geronimo Stilton’s books (has anyone read these?). I loved them so much as a kid! Those pages that smelled? Then I also remember reading Lena Lijstje, a dutch book series about a girl who loves making lists about everything. And then the For Girls Only books (also dutch). I don’t know how many there are now, but we have eight of them at home. I actually think the author, Hetty van Aar, is still writing new ones. But I really adored those books. Please let me know if anyone has read those too?
2. Who’s your favorite book boyfriend?
You know, this is really a question that gets me stressed out. There are so many great book boyfriends and I’m really not a decisive person haha. But Dorian of the Throne of Glass series, I don’t know what it is about him really, but every time he pops up in the story, I feel excited and happy. Although I do think Chaol and Celena have great chemistry too, I prefer the prince more. (I read the first two books only, so please no spoilers haha). Other than that, every guy that has the sarcastic humor is a catch for me.
3. What’s your favorite genre?
Fantasy. 100%. There are so many possible ways the story can go. A whole new world is created and as you are reading the book, you discover all these fascinating new people and all these different kinds of magic and, ugh, it’s all just so much fun. I love it when a book takes me to a whole new world.
4. What is your favorite subject at school? Or was your favorite subject?
My favorite subject at school is history. It’s kind of reading non-fictional history books, not in the most ideal way, but still. The way people used to live their lives and how it differs from ours right now, really fascinate me. It’s interesting to see how we’ve learned from certain moments, and then being able to realize what can still be changed or needs improvement.
5. Why did you start this book blog?
I just really wanted to be in this community openly, because where I live, there aren’t so many book lovers that I know personally. I love to talk with everyone who’s passionate about books and want to talk about the certain books we’ve read and recommend new ones to each other that we think the other person will like etc. It’s just one happy place and I’m truly happy to be a part of it!
6. What is your favorite book?
At the moment Throne of Glass has a special place in my heart. Everywhere I see the book, my heart makes a little jump and I just want to recommend it to everyone. The plot line is amazing and I love the characters so much. I’m really attached to the story and I still need to read the third and fourth book in that series and I can’t wait!
7. If you were to choose any place to go, where do you want to go?
I would love to go on a holiday in Australia. I love their accent, it sounds so cheerful and friendly. They also have great weather, which I can’t always say for the country I live in. I really want to go on a holiday there, or maybe study abroad? Has anyone seen Dance Academy? I was obsessed with that show! It teared my heart in pieces at the end. I think the people who’ve seen the show can guess what I’m talking about…
And I also want to go to Sweden. I’ve been there once, in the christmas holidays, and I had the most amazing time! I want to do like a trip through the country, or just do a citytrip in Stockholm. And have you seen their contestant at the Eurovision Song Contest? What a cutie
I do have this crazy idea that I want to move outside my country when I’m older too. I have no clear idea where I would go, but the idea is really tempting me.
I need to figure out to be very rich to accomplish all these crazy ideas that I have.
8. What’s your favorite food?
French fries with beef and pepper sauce. I know, not the healthiest meal, but I mean, I live in Belgium, the country of the fries…
But one healthy snack I really enjoy is humus with sesame sticks. It’s delicious, I just can’t stop eating it.
9. What are you currently reading?
I’m still reading You by Caroline Kepnes. I’m kind of stuck in the middle, but maybe that is because I have finals now and I haven’t really found the time to really sit down and read.
10. What’s your next read?
I’m still debating on what to read next. I want to start A Court of Mist and Fury, maybe that’s because everyone has been talking about it and I am so curious now about what’s going to happen. But I also really want to start the Falling Kingdoms series.
11. Why do you like books?
Why do you not like books? I mean I kind of said it when I was talking about fantasy books, but like our world is so boring at times, that I just want to get out of it and experience a thrilling adventure.
My Very Random Facts
- I love to travel
- I have one very lazy cat
- My favorite childhood movie is Anastasia
- I’ve been a hardcore 5sos fan (still am a little)
- Next year I’ll graduate from high school
- I’m really picky on books, but most of the books I’ve read, I really enjoyed
- I have a very hot PE teacher, but he’ll be going away after this year. 😦
- I dream on having a vacation house in the South of France or Italy with a vineyard.
- I love it when it rains, but only when I’m at home or when I don’t need to be outside. Then the storms are very cosy out here.
- One of my bad habits is to procrastinate. A lot.
- I very am clumsy, sometimes I even stress myself out about it
- What’s your guilty pleasure?
- How did you start blogging?
- hardback, paperback or ebook?
- What’s your favorite childhood movie?
- What books did you read when you were little?
- Do you want to be an author?
- If you would have all the money in the world, what would you do with it?
- Are you an active person, or do you like to stay in and be lazy, or are you both?
- Have you traveled outside your country? If yes, where? If no, where would you want to go?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- What’s one thing in life you would never ever give up?
You should definitely check out all these blogs, they are fantastic! I’m sorry if you’ve already done this tag, or if you’re tagged already. You must really deserve it! It’s possible these blogs have more that 200 followers, I kind of forgot to check that.
Thank you so much for reading!