Something very exciting is going to happen soon… I’m leaving for France tonight!
I’m so happy to return to the beautiful country once again! As some of you might know, I went to France to study abroad in 2015 and I had the most amazing time. And now I am going back! My family and I love to go to France no matter what season it is. Skiing in the winter, camping in the summer. France is practically our second home.
This trip is going to be extra exciting, because we’re going away for three weeks! This will be our longest holiday away from home. My mum, my dad, my two sisters and I are all very excited to leave. The bags are already placed in the car and around 3 am we’ll get up to leave. We will go pretty far to the south, so we will be in the car for about 10 hours… Don’t worry, I’ll have some books with me.
So because I’m going to be in the car for so long, I wanted to make a little list of things you can do in the car or on a road trip.
- Read a book. When I was younger I was never able to read in the car, because I would get sick. But recently I decided to try it again and I didn’t get ill anymore! That was one of the happiest moments in my life, because I got sick pretty easily when I was little and all there was left for me to do was sleep…
- Look through the window. I love to look out the window to see who is driving next to us. You can see from what country they are and my sisters and I love to make up little stories about them.
- Make up games. One thing my sisters and I love to do when we get bored in the car is making up sentences with the license plates. I’ll give an example: say that the license plate is HEF 123. Then the sentence could be: Henry eats fruit. (I’m not very good at this game, as you can see). The best sentence wins!
- Heads up! That’s another game I like to play. It’s an app invented by Ellen DeGeneres and it’s really funny. If there is no smartphone, you can also play it with a piece of paper. What you have to do is write some names or animals or objects (it can be anything you want) and you have to guess as many as you can in one minute.
- Sing along! This is something we cannot do all the time, but when a song like Bitch from Meredith Brooks comes up, you simply cannot keep it quiet.
- Guess the song on the radio.
- Saved by the smartphone. One of the benefits of this generation is that there is a big chance someone in the car would have a smartphone. And sometimes there could be games on that phone… I haven’t played games on my phone for ages, but some apps (that do not inquire internet) I remember playing a lot are: Criminal Case, 2048, Unblock Car and Spider.
- Watch a movie. What we like to do is taking these little DVD players with us so we can watch movies in the car. This is also possible to do with a laptop or something else. (I recommend bringing headphones of some sort with you)
- Listen to music. When I’m on the road, music is definitely a necessity for me. Almost everythime I’m in the car, I have my iPod with me. I’ve made two playlists for the road trip for tomorrow: a more quiet, chill one and another one that really gives me the summer vibes:
Let me know if you have more songs to add to these playlists. I would love to discover new songs!
So that’s it for this post! After three weeks you will know more of what I have been up to. I wanted to write this post before I left, because I won’t have any chance to blog when I’m away. I felt bad to not post for three weeks straight, so I tried to have some post scheduled.
I hope you all have a great holiday!
Thank you so much for reading!